Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Chris and I saw the cutest little itty bitty baby deer today while we were walking Harper*. She didn't see it, of course, even though it was rather in plain sight, just sort of lying in the sun next to a house. Each ear was bigger than its face! I wanted to look for a while but Chris thought for sure we'd be gored by a huge buck that was sort of hovering. His antlers were still velvety, I'm not sure he could have gored us. Stomped on us, sure, but I'm not sure about goring.

*This sentence originally read that "we saw the cutest, etc, baby deer walking Harper." Ah, misplaced modifiers. Gotta love them!

1 comment:

Nancy Ferguson said...

Hey Katie,
I haven't been to your blog for a while and am catching up.

Chris was actually right on this one-- it is really dangerous to get too close to baby deer if a parent is around. Deer actually kill people more often than you might think.

We often had baby deer in my front yard at my old house. One time it almost got close enough for me to touch it, but then I saw the mom start to stomp!