About a week ago I predicted to myself that all the snow would be gone by today. It's been completely sunny and highs were in the 30s and 40s. We've been fooled into thinking it felt like summer, even though we still wore coats.
Umm, I was completely wrong. We've made progress, though! My front yard snow has gone from about 1.5 feet of packed snow to about 6 inches of packed snow. There are patches of grass everywhere, especially on the edges of lawns and boulevards and under trees. It's very exciting. I just looked at our 10 day forecast and with highs in the 50s (!) and three days of rain coming up, I'm going to go ahead and predict publicly that all of our snow will be gone by this time next week, aside from those mountains of snow accumulated on the corners of driveways, of course. I was hoping more of the snow would be gone before we started getting rain, that sort of complicates the dog-walking a bit (ground is still frozen, snow and ice clogging up the drains, etc etc), but I'll take anything.
This all very exciting. We haven't seen grass since December. Now we can see some! It's dead grass, but at least it's something, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment