Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tentative Thanksgiving Menu

In case you're curious, here's the tentative Thanksgiving menu. It's going to be Chris, Duane, and me, so we don't need a big turkey. I had initially decided to protest turkeys altogether, but as the time draws near it's getting harder to resist. Lots of words that start with P in there, I wonder if that means anything.

  • Roast Turkey Breast with Paprika
  • Parsnip and potato rosti (from How to Cook Everything)
  • Parmesan-Roasted Butternut Squash (with bacon) (from Epicurious)
  • Popovers (from How to Cook Everything)
  • Cranberry relish with orange and ginger (from How to Cook Everything)
  • Dessert ?? something simple.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

omg that sounds fantastic! i think you're trying to make me feel guilty, huh?

dessert - chocolate anything. but simple, well, maybe some pumpkin cake and icecream. or pumpkin cake w/ creamcheese frosting... mmmm.

KV said...

Mmmm, I wouldn't say "guilty." Maybe more "rueful." ;) But I'm sure your Thanksgiving meal will be good, too.

Fun fact about chocolate: People who eat a lot of chocolate have a reduced chance of getting...shoot. I forget. It was really bad, whatever it was. (Alzheimer's? A stroke? Hmmm...) So anyway, eat chocolate.