Today's experiment comes from Martha Stewart:
8 oz semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped (I used chocolate chips)
4 Tbs unsalted butter
2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tps baking powder
1/2 tps salt
2 large eggs
3/4 c packed light-brown sugar (I have also used dark brown sugar and it's still delicious)
1 tps vanilla extract
1 package (12-oz) semisweet chocolate chunks (I used milk chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350.
Heat chopped chocolate (the 8oz of chocolate) and butter in microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until almost melted. Do NOT overheat. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy (I beat it for about 5 min). Reduce speed to low: beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
Drop heaping teaspoons of dough 2 to 3 in. apart on baking sheet. Batter should be thin, more like brownie batter than cookie dough. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, 12 to 15 min. DON'T BAKE UNTIL CRISP: cookies are meant to be crispy. Cool on sheets for 10 mins, transfer to racks to cool completely with a metal spatula.
Results: These turned out pretty good. They make you VERY thirsty, so make sure you'd stocked up on milk before making them. Also, I found that the cookies really stuck to the sheet, more so than usual cookies. You definitely need elbow grease. Makes a little more than two dozen.
Casualties: one metal spatula, snapped.
3 comments:
These are excellent cookies. I think I should start telling you they're horrible so you leave them all home and don't give any away.
Spatula? Or flipper?
interesting... I use the same word for both. Flipper, I guess, although I was more scraping, not flipping.
Post a Comment