Moving is so much work, the most I've been cooking lately is pasta or beans and rice. Plus, I've been trying to loose some Idaho potato pounds I took home as a souvenir from our trip out west last month. I think Idaho sends the rest of the country its reject potatoes and keeps all the best ones for itself. I really can't describe how much better Idaho potatoes are, it's almost like a completely different food. The flip side is that I've completely lost interest in eating our inferior french fries.
Harper and I went for a walk this morning, it's beautiful and clear, a nice omen to the start of my weeklong workshop for teachers, which goes from this afternoon through Saturday morning. I'm not nervous or in any way mentally agitated about this at all. This is probably due to a combination of that I have no mental agitation to spare from moving, and also because I've done this workshop before and so many other events like it (35!) in the last two years that I know what could go wrong and how to handle problems as they come up. Last year it was mostly being really bored for many hours a day, punctuated by periods of running errands and putting out fires. However, as I officially leave the job in two weeks, I think I'll care less about the fires.
No comments:
Post a Comment