Sunday, July 12, 2009

Things I certainly will not miss about Bloomington

  • The oppressive summers, although this year hasn't been so bad so far.
  • The (sadly more pronounced and vocal) segment of the undergraduate population that feels entitled to everything and feels the need to talk about their sex lives very loudly on cell phones on a bus. It really is amazing how much my experience in this town has been tarnished by this smallish population of students. I would have enjoyed my time here so much more if these kids were either not here or less prominent. My experience with kids that age in Wisconsin is that this entitled rudeness is rarer, although the last time I spent time with Wisconsin undergraduates I was barely out of college myself, so I might not have noticed.
  • That God-awful drive between Bloomington and Indianapolis. I only have to do it once more, and I'm dreading it.

No comments: