Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Curling!

Chris and I went to a curling open house yesterday at the local club. I thought there'd be 5 people there, but apparently it was over 120. I got to throw the stone three times, only one of them resulted in an injury (I couldn't sit regularly all day today thanks to a bruised tailbone), and I got to try sweeping.

Here's some pictures from the event. If you look carefully at the photos in the slideshow at the bottom, you can see Chris and me standing at the check-in/free beer counter.

If you missed it, here's Stephen Colbert's interview with the US Olympic curling team.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Skate Expectations - Curling Team Tryouts - Colbert vs. Shuster
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorEconomy

1 comment:

Beth said...

that's great Katie! It looks like there were some fun, 20-30 something people there....are you going to go back?