As hoped, I made it through the whole week without calling in sick, but it looks like I passed the cold onto Chris. He's been saying for days that it's allergies, but I think he's just sick. This is one of those colds that isn't awful enough to convince yourself to take it easy, so it lingers for weeks. Poor Chris!
I've been neglecting the ol' blog somewhat this last month because I've been taking a watercolor class on Thursdays, and that's more or less largely what I've been doing in the evenings. It's so much fun! Nothing I've done has been terrific, of course, because I'm just learning. Here's the one picture that I'm not totally embarrassed about posting online. I was experimenting with composition and with what happens with the colors when they mix and when you drop clear water on the color already on the page (that's called back wash, and it's what makes the watermarks). I have other ideas for painting dogwoods that I want to try. Chris says it could be my dogwood period. Let Van Gogh have his blue period, I'll take dogwoods!
I've been neglecting the ol' blog somewhat this last month because I've been taking a watercolor class on Thursdays, and that's more or less largely what I've been doing in the evenings. It's so much fun! Nothing I've done has been terrific, of course, because I'm just learning. Here's the one picture that I'm not totally embarrassed about posting online. I was experimenting with composition and with what happens with the colors when they mix and when you drop clear water on the color already on the page (that's called back wash, and it's what makes the watermarks). I have other ideas for painting dogwoods that I want to try. Chris says it could be my dogwood period. Let Van Gogh have his blue period, I'll take dogwoods!

No comments:
Post a Comment