1 (10-ounce) focaccia, cut in half horizontally
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place focaccia halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Combine minced garlic, tomato paste, and dried oregano in a small bowl; spread evenly over focaccia halves. Top evenly with roasted peppers, onion, and capers; sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until focaccia is golden. Feta cheese doesn't melt, so check the crust's golden color to know when to take these out of the oven. Cut each pizza in half.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 pizza)
RESULTS
It's highly possible that this pizza would have been good, had I not mis-remembered and set the timer for 25 minutes instead of 12 minutes. Hard to say, though. I liked the sauce, that was fun, but everything else would have made for a pretty solid hunk of firewood, as it was. Needless to say, I did not check soon enough for the crust's golden color.
It's a good thing that I also ate an entire bundle of asparagus with olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmasean cheese, as per Bethie's suggestion (I sauteed them in a little butter, though, not steamed them). I'm hoping that won't have any digestional repercussions.
2 comments:
I have not had time for the gnocchi yet, but Duane and I did got to a restaurant tasting Monday night that had gnocchi. We are considered "regulars", so we got invited to the tasting of their spring menu change (by regulars they mean we spend a lot of money on beer there). The gnocchi were gummy, gross, and bland! Hopefully they won't make it on the final version of the menu.
Well, it's good to know that it's not just my gnocchi that turns out badly. :)
Post a Comment