Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I find these parts of Wisconsin to be subtly stunning. I mean, it's not going to whack you over the head with amazing scenery like the mountain out west will, but if you take the initiative and look around, it really is something. I love driving south in the morning because it's just lovely, with the green rolling hills, black and white cows, and barns (for some reason it's not as impressive coming back north). On Sunday I went kayaking on a river north of here and it was just beautiful. Besides a lot of turtles and some funny looking ducks, we saw four eagles (!), my first eagles in the wild ever, and apparently the really impressive wildlife doesn't really show up until you go a little bit farther north. Well, I was plenty impressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree! Its easy to take this place for granted and not really look around at the beauty. I can't wait for kayaking! I want to see an eagle too!
Post a Comment