- 1 bunch Organic Kale (ie, enough to be laid in a single layer on two baking sheets).
- 1.5ish TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small glug sesame oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Rinse kale and pat dry with a paper towel or take it for a spin in a salad spinner. Cut off stems and tear leafs off of the rib. Throw away the center rib pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar and salt and add the kale. Gently AND THOROUGHLY toss. The kale has to be evenly coated or you'll get giant salt deposits. Not good.
- Divide kale among two baking sheets (parchment paper unnecessary, but I would wash the sheets not too long after using them). It's important that the kale is in a single layer or you'll get soggy kale.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crispy. If you have some pieces that aren't dried yet, take off the ones that are and stick the undone leaves back in for a couple minutes.
Jean was also wondering if they could be made with chard. I have a love-hate thing with chard. Sometimes I really dig when you make something with the leaves and then you have the ribs left over to do with what you will. Bonus vegetable! But other days those ribs are a burden, and I feel shackled by the responsibility of having to do something with them so soon after using the leaves. So I haven't tried it, but you are welcome to. Let me know.
1 comment:
I just tried these for the first time. YUM!!! I used a different recipe on here though, the one at 400 degrees. I think I'll try your balsamic & sesame oil next time. That sounds fantastic. What a great way to eat your greens!
Post a Comment