Monday, April 28, 2008

Not a lot of cooking this weekend, I caught a head cold Saturday night and spent Sunday only eating things that come in bowls, like cereal and soup. I have to go into work today since Brian and I are on deadline with some data Margaret needs for a grant proposal. Boo... What's the use of sick days if you can't take them! At least it's not the flu again...

This weekend was draft weekend, which is one of my favorite weekends of the year. The more I think about the Redskins' picks, the more I like them. They traded away their first round pick for two second round picks, which was actually pretty smart because they still got the same guy they would have picked in the first round, but now they only have to pay him second-round-pick money, and since the last I heard they were OVER the salary cap, that's good. Probably still paying off Deion Sanders. I'm concerned about this additional tight-end and QB, though. I really like Chris Cooley and Jason Campbell, but Chris assures me that a lot of teams play with two TEs. What I really wish they had gotten, instead of all the receivers, is better offensive lineman, since it's hard to had a good passing game if you don't have the pass protection. BUT, I'll give this Zorn character the benefit of the doubt and see what he comes up with this year, even though his name makes me think he's a villain from a bad sci-fi movie.

No comments: