I saw some crocus buds yesterday, today is sunny and brisk with the wind going every which way--Harper and I saw several piglets flying by on our walk--and I just turned my calendar to March. You know what that means: it's Irish Soda Bread Time!
If you recall last year I made two different recipes for Irish Soda Bread (I seem to have gotten the craving a week later last year, but I think spring is a week earlier this year, so it seems about right). One recipe was a brown bread recipe Beth found in the Washington Post. Another was my mom's. It was close, but my mom's won. However, it was also a rather complicated recipe and work has been so insane since September that, darn it, I'm just too pooped for complications right now. (Hence the dramatic drop-off of postings.) So, I'm going to try out two different recipes from my two new cookbooks: Alice Waters and the Gourmet cookbooks. Today is Alice Waters', which definitely wins points for simplicity.
No comments:
Post a Comment