Our favorite coffee shop also does fresh seafood. On Tuesday we get an email asking if we want one of the items they are offering that week, and on Thursday we get to pick it up. Last week I made Steelhead Trout, which, to me, was almost identical to salmon in every way expect it's much cheaper. Highly recommend. And yesterday we got two pounds of PEI mussels, which I thought turned out fantastically, although 2 lbs was too much for two people along with artichokes, cheese, and bread.
What I've been liking about these is that the seafood is really easy to cook. For the trout I just marinated it for less than an hour in olive oil, salt and pepper, and then I broiled it in a cast iron skillet. The mussels were even easier. I just had to clean them and then steam them in a dutch oven with garlic, some wine and some beer. I felt like a real chef, even though both of those were probably easier than half the pasta dishes I make.
1 comment:
Mmm!!! I think you need to try your hand at scallops next! Sounds great. And I'm going to have to try the steelhead trout!
Post a Comment