Work continues to be busy, so luckily this one was pretty easy.
1/2 c chopped red onion
3 Tbls fresh lime juice (anout 2 limes)
4 cups cubed seeded watermelon (about half a smallish watermelon)
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup (2 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Combine onion and juice in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. Add remained ingredients, except for cheese. Cover and chill 1 hour, and sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
RESUTLS: now, I know it sounds weird, but it was really really good. I thought 1/2 cups of onions was a little too much, but I'm not really a fan of raw onions to begin with. It was sweet and savory and a little salty and really refreshing on a hot day.
By the way, I made the salad on Saturday, but this posting was stragetically delayed until Chris went away for the weekend. He HATED it, and asked if it would be ok to trash this recipe on the blog. I said ok...but I thought you all might like to bask in optimism for a few days before he had a chance to chime in. I think he didn't like the onions, either, but had a much more extreme reaction than I did.
1 comment:
This was the single worst food item that has ever been put in my mouth. Don't say I didn't warn you. It tastes like watermelon coated with Drano.
Post a Comment