In a large bowl, toss together 1 can (16oz) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained, 3 Tbs minced roasted red peppers, 1 small diced tomato, 1 diced jalapeno (seeded, if desired, for less heat), 1.5 Tbs chopped fresh parsley, 1 Tbs olive oil, 2 tps Worcestershire sauce, .5 tps chopped fresh oregano, 1 tps balsamic vinegar, and a dash of hot sauce. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Drizzle with a little more balsamic vinegar before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Serves 6.
Results: Meh. This is a cold dish, and Chris wasn't thrilled with that. I wasn't thrilled with how bland it was, although I admittedly left out the jalapeƱo due to fear. Legumes, esp. black-eye peas and black beans, are some of the few "healthy" foods that Chris and I both love, so I'm always trying to find better ways to prepare them, and this didn't make the cut. Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment